With fall just around the corner, we’ve been talking about fall home decorating ideas such as our post on porch decorating ideas for fall. So when you think about fall, what kind of ideas do you have? What images come to mind? Many people think about the changing of the colors of the leaves or when the leaves begin to fall off the trees. Some people in warm climates may think of an appreciated drop in temperature or finally being able to wear long sleeves again.
Some people think about Halloween and Thanksgiving dinners with the family or fall football season. Whatever fall makes you think of, you can bring those feelings back again and again when you decorate your home for fall.
Here are some fall home decorating ideas you can try in your own home:
* Use deeper colors, earth tones and soft browns to set the tone in your home.
* Move your furniture into small groups for more coziness.
* Add pillows of varying sizes to your furniture and throughout the house.
* Create handmade wreaths and garland (or buy some) to decorate your home.
* Change your window decorations from spring/summer to something more suitable for the new season.
* Plants really set the mood for fall and you can try silk flowers in fall colors as well.
* Decorating with gourds is wonderful this time of year (search for our gourd posts for ideas).
These are just a few fall decorating ideas to get you started. The most important thing to remember is that your fall home decorating should make you feel good. Your home should be a place of comfort and relaxation from the rest of the world. It is also a place you want to bring friends and family to and to enjoy time together. Fall is one of the biggest times of year for people to visit with one another so make your home a great place to be this year.